About Memory Work
Welcome to Cycle 1 Memory Work! This is the first of four cycles created by Claritas Classical Academy. This incredible curriculum integrates all the subjects into an overarching timeline that covers the period of the Ancients from Creation to The Fall of Rome in Cycle One.
More About Cycle One
Cycle 1 has been carefully written by a group of homeschool moms who met together through numerous “curriculum retreats”. They waded through stacks of books and information to compile a rich and complete memory work syllabus. Experts and proofreaders analyzed every word to ensure accuracy and excellence. After the written work was completed, Claritas paired their product with a talented vocal and musical artist who brought this memory work to life. The tunes are delightful and catchy.
Homeschool Subjects Covered
- Hymn Study
- History Timeline
Included in Cycle 1 are several lengthy Scripture passages and Hymns. A history Timeline is introduced over the course of the year and is repeated with each cycle. The History sentences follow, “The Story of the World, Volume 1” which covers Ancient Times. Science focuses on Biology.
For Math and English, the first part of each cycle will introduce memory work which will be repeated each year and Cycles 1 & 3 are the same and Cycles 2 & 4 are the same. This is a great way to reinforce these important skills.
The Latin subject material covers verbs and nouns declensions, as well as Psalm 23, and a few other short passages. Finally, Geography covers many of the locations that have been learned through the history sentences.
Free Homeschool Resources
- History Videos Made by Kids For Kids – listed by the cycle they go with
- How to Form Your Own Group – a group provides a fun dynamic atmosphere and accountability.
- Claritas Classical Academy, Cycle 1 – join us on Facebook where we share tips, resources and encouragement for each cycle.
- Claritas Classical Academy, Cycle 2
- Claritas Classical Academy, Cycle 3
- Claritas Classical Academy, Cycle 4
- Listen to the episode of the Soft Skills podcast where I talk to Lisa Nehring about adaptability and flexibility.
- Get a Free Month of the Cross Seven Homeschool Musical Memory Tool – we use the music and memory work from Claritas for each cycle and added some online gamification, quizzes, badges and videos-plus an easy to use dashboard to keep track of their progress.
I look forward to connecting with you in one of our Facebook groups and hearing how you use the Claritas curriculum.
I just want to reiterate what an incredible find it was when I clicked on the Claritas Classical Academy link. I am a changed person! I pray your students and children will be as deeply enriched as my kids have.
Claritas Classical Academy has truly been a God-send.